Features By Version
What is MAS 90?
- This is the name of the original product developed by “State Of The Art” software company in the 80’s. Even though the product has had many updates, it still installs to a MAS90 file directory and the ODBC connection is labeled SOTA.
What is Sage 100?
- MAS 90 was acquired by Sage Software. The Sage Group eventually renamed most of the products it acquired through the years with the Sage Name. MAS 90 was renamed to Sage 100 Standard. MAS 200 was renamed to Sage 100 Advanced.
- Sage 100 was priced and sold by the module and user license count with an annual maintenance plan to obtain the most recent patches and versions.
- Sage 100 – Version 2018 New Features
What is Sage 100c?
- Sage 100c is the “Subscription” pricing model for Sage 100. An annual subscription fee is charged to use the software. The software goes into a read only mode if the annual subscription is not renewed.
- Since 2016, Sage has been adding more new features to the subscription based Sage 100c version versus the original Sage 100 perpetual license version in order to encourage customers to move to the subscription pricing plan.
What is Sage 100cloud?
- In 2018 Sage decided to rename Sage 100c to Sage100cloud in order to emphasize the “cloud connected” services available with the “c” product line.
- Sage 100, Sage 100c and Sage 100cloud are all the same product with more features unlocked and available with the “c” versions. This product is still loaded on your local server and local workstations. You may choose to run your software on a hosting service of your choice or to utilize any of the cloud connected services such as credit card processing and mobile apps.
- Sage100cloud – The Road Ahead